Friday, August 6, 2010

Wasn't there a green day song about a loser with no self control?

What song was it that I heard on the radio ten years ago about a loser who could not say no to his girlfriend? Was it Green Day? He had no self esteem and could not break up. Wasn't there a green day song about a loser with no self control?
I'm on a mission


I made my decision


To lead a path of self destruction


A slow progression


Killing my complexion


And it's rotting out my teeth





I'm on a roll


No self control


I'm blowing off steam with methamphetamine


Don't know what I want


That's all that I've got


And I'm picking scabs off my face





Every hour my blood is turning sour


And my pulse is beating out of time


I found a treasure


Filled with sick pleasure


And it sits on a thick white line





I'm on a roll


No self control


I'm blowing off steam with methamphetamine


Don't know what I want


That's all that I've got


And I'm picking scabs off my face





I'm on a mission


I've got no decision


Like a cripple running the rat race


Wish in one hand **** in the other


And see which one gets filled first





I'm on a roll


No self control


I'm blowing off steam with methamphetamine


Don't know what I want


That's all that I've got


And I'm picking scabs off my face








they are the lyrics to greenday -geek stink breath....first song i thought of with ';no self control'; in it .......perhaps you may look into the offspring they did two songs with self esteem and girlfriends who they hadnt dumped called ....';self esteem'; and ';why dont you get a job'; within the 90s that may be along a similiar vein of what you are looking for ???Wasn't there a green day song about a loser with no self control?
chances are, that song would be off of their Insomniac album due to the self deteriorationon and pessimistic attitude.





narrowing it down, it can be Armatage Shanks, Geek Stink Breath, and Babs Uvula Who.





narrowing it down further, since you heard it on the radio, it will be Geek Stink Breath because that was made into a music video and single which is why it was played often.


here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ8L_GPys鈥?/a>


and here's the song with lyrics, the colors on it are horrid though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajHLK3bWI鈥?/a>





[edit] woah woah woah. about a girlfriend?! oh man...maybe it's 80, or Pulling Teeth? oh boy uhm...no, because those wouldn't be on the radio urgh! let me get back to you on that.



I agree with midibaby above, it sounds like you're talking about Self Esteem by The Offspring.





http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/S鈥?/a>
Basket Case? That's the only song I can think of.





never mind! that was a bad answer. just ignore this answer.
I walk alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment