Saturday, August 21, 2010

How serious is it when I sleep on my arm wrong, wake up, and have no feeling or control over it for 5 minutes?

I've done this a couple of times. It feels like I've cut off the circulation and have no control over it. After about 5 minutes, I'm able to start feeling it again and can control my hand. Any advice?How serious is it when I sleep on my arm wrong, wake up, and have no feeling or control over it for 5 minutes?
This is perfectly normal. Nrseves get compressed and sensation is cut off from the affected area. When the nerves innervate again, all is well.








Long term damage CAN occur such as during an industrial accident and hours pass.How serious is it when I sleep on my arm wrong, wake up, and have no feeling or control over it for 5 minutes?
I would say it just fell asleep is all. It happens to me too. I have talked with a doctor and as long as you know it isn't purple.....you are fine. If it is purple and no feeling for about 30 minutes then there is a serious problem. Good luck!
Your arm ';fell asleep'; because you slept on it in a funny way and restricted the blood flow. I've done it before. It feels weird, but I think it's harmless.
I get this too. I agree with what pp's said.

No comments:

Post a Comment