Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How to control/conquer appetite (spiritual answers, no fasting please)?

I am having difficulty controlling appetite. The form of god I worship (Sai Baba of Shirdi) tells all that one should eat in moderation and should not entertain the endless desires of the tongue. He also tells that one should not fast if one is following his spiritual path. I have difficulty controlling my appetite and putting god's teachings into practice. I would be grateful if someone gave me practical tips and advice on how I can control my tongue.How to control/conquer appetite (spiritual answers, no fasting please)?
I will share what works for me. I eat anything that I want to eat, but I do not EVER eat all of it. I do NOT clean my plate. If we go out to eat, I always bring a box of food home for later. You can eat every two hours and eat whatever you want but don't OVEREAT. Each time you eat your stomach will either shrink or stretch to accommodate what it is given. Over time you can shrink your stomach and you will get full more quickly and when you are 'full' stop. Actually, stop before you get that feeling. Eat slowly and you will know when to stop. It works for me and I have never dieted and I am the perfect weight for my height.How to control/conquer appetite (spiritual answers, no fasting please)?
you may be not eating enough food that fills you up. oats help you stay full in small portions. also you may need more protein, this helps you stay fuller longer also. if you can't eat meat try different types of bean and legumes like chickpeas, you can even eat tofu. pretty much foods high in fiber like fruits and vegetables helps a lot, and it doesn't take much to make you full.
drink a lot of green tea. it kills your appetite. it also tastes delicious. buy Arizona green tea, you get a lot without spending too much.
Eating high fiber foods and exercising is a great way of controlling your appetite!





Fiber keeps you feeling full for a long time. So does soup!
Drink a glass of water before each meal, to help fill up your stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment