Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Does my mom have no responsibility or control over me since I'm 18 years old?

My mom is constantly kicking me out of the house and locking me out...she tells me she will call the police if i come back and tells me I need to find a new place to stay every time she gets mad at me. She goes through bi polar mood swings and is extremely irrational and impulsive. I have no where to go and was wondering if it is still considered child neglect in ohio if your parent kicks you out when you are 18 years old. Does she have any responsibility regarding my safety and well being if i'm considered an adult?Does my mom have no responsibility or control over me since I'm 18 years old?
No Your an adult now and its your mothers house if she wants she can kick you out and not get into trouble for it. If your breaking all her rules then i don't feel bad for you at all because as an adult you should know that when your in someone Else's house it goes by what they say. You come home at the hour they tell you to. I have a feeling you don't understand that seeing as how you think your mother should still be taking care of you even though your 18. But if im wrong then maybe you just need to get a job and try to get out on your own because she doesn't seem to want you there anymore.Does my mom have no responsibility or control over me since I'm 18 years old?
No she is not responsible for you. Why aren't you able to take care of yourself? Maybe you are just costing her money and I would get mad at that to. Get a job and pay her rent, or get out. Nobody likes a freeloader. She doesn't have to provide you room and board, and food.
I don't know the laws in Ohio, But it seems at 18 you are legally an adult any where. Why don't you just move out? You have to face the real world sooner or later.
She can kick you out and it's not child neglect or abandonment because you're not a child anymore.
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Adulthood!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment