Friday, August 6, 2010

How do you deal with situations you have no control over?

any situation that directly affects your every day life in a negative manner that you have no way of being able to ';fix'; or ';make better';





me personally, i kinda freak out. i get upset, i stay mad about it, i mentally cover every angel of the situation looking for ways to set things right etc...How do you deal with situations you have no control over?
Simple! By humility.How do you deal with situations you have no control over?
We are the all singing all dancing crap of the world.
usually theres some anxiety, anger, and alittle bit of a freak out...and lastly i'll just avoided it.
I let it bug me for a day or two and look for the way or thing that I can do to begin to gain or regain some semblence of control , activity towards making it eventualy better seems to at least alleviate the feeling of helplessness in the situation ...going through it right now and it is uncomfortable but all parties, good or really bad, eventually come to an end. That I have faith in....
mentally covering it (in a way that will settle you down) or venting to an impartial party may be all you need to do. In other words, mentally addressing it, speaking on it, and then letting it go.
I drink beer.
dont you just wish i were not here?
i wish so much that i knew how to deal with them...i have one at the moment, whcih is technically ';not my problem'; but it affects my friend in such a way that i find myself getting angry and miserable about it.
Uh, it depends on the situation.





Given that you've not said anything specific, it's impossible to come up with anything to say about how a person might deal with ANY situation over which they have no control (if that's even true -- most likely there's SOME aspect of it that one DOES have control over).





Heck, you don't even give a hint of a clue as to HOW or WHY (or even whether, really) it effects you.





It may be that you could avoid it; or that you could ameliorate it (even if you can't make it go away), or find a workaround for it, or not let it bother you, or a couple dozen other things.
First you have to make up your mind that nothing is beyoond our control. Ask your favourite God to come stand behond you and believe that the Almighty is with you to resolve the problem. Now you aproach the situation with a deterimination that you are going to meet it either physically , legally, mentally or with the help of others. You can break tthru any situation. All the best.
Since God knows all, sees all, hears all, and understands all things before they even happen, I go to Him, by praying something like this:





';Lord, I don't know how to deal with this, and it doesn't make sense nor does it seem fair. But I know You promised to love and take care of me. And You said in Your Word (the Bible) that You'll never leave or forsake me. So give me the wisdom and strength I need, by Your power, to get through this ordeal, in Jesus' name. Thank you in advance for Your help.';





So I wait patiently and pray as necessary, not trusting in man alone, for help. The promises I listed above are for those who trust and obey God. He told me once when I was in a serious situation, ';Can't you see I'm watching over you?'; He delivers those who honor him. Therefore, I invite you to trust in God for help in those uncontrollable situations you have and will face.





And this isn't religion, it's about relationship.
i do the same and try move on / let go. dealing with it makes me have a cynical prespective but hope keeps me optimistic.


its hard not to overanalyze everything or think too deeply. battle is with the mind.





i admire people that make it seem effortless.

No comments:

Post a Comment