Friday, August 6, 2010

What are the chances of getting pregnant only using a condom and no other form of birth control?

Just curious, because i cant seem to find the answer to this anywhere.What are the chances of getting pregnant only using a condom and no other form of birth control?
The chances are really good. He is 37 years old now. LOL





Condoms come off or can break.What are the chances of getting pregnant only using a condom and no other form of birth control?
Look on the back of the box of condoms and it should tell you how eeffective they are. I believe they are about 97-99% effective. There is always a chance of getting pregnant even with just using a condom. There could be a hole in it or the male you are with may not know how to use it right. It's best to be safe and use birth control at the same time but even that is not 100% gaurentee that you will not get pregnant. I myself am not on birth control and have not had a baby and me and my bf have been together over 3 years and having sex for 2 with no birth control. Not smart but that is a fact and I have not gotten pregnant.
On the box it says 99.9% effective, which means you have a 0.1% chance of getting pregnant whilst using a condom and no other form of birth control.





Condoms have inproved over the years... they used to be 97% effective. They are now classified as 99.99% effective. But always check the box because some cheaper brands will have a lower effectivaty rate.
The chances are 2-3% of becoming pregnant with perfect use (no slipping or breaking, using every time). I know firsthand its possible to get pregnant with condom use, as I've gotten pregnant while using a condom with no breaking or slips.
I was told condoms are about 80% effective as a birth control method. This means there is a 20% chance of getting pregnant. It is actually a realitively poor form of birth control considering most pills, shots, and IUDs are around 99.99% effective.
When used perfectly, condoms are 98% effective at preventing pregnancy. With typical (i.e. imperfect) use, they are 87-90% effective.
condoms are 99.9% effective, so unless there is a hole in the condom or the guy doesn't put it on properly and somehow comes off then i'd say there's a 1 in 100 chance of u getting pregnant...if that much.
Well if I remember correctly, condoms are 95% affective, so you have appoximately a 5% chance of gettin pregnant.
condoms are 97% effective when used correctly, so the chances are 3 in 100 that you will get pregnant or get someone pregnant while using only a condom as birth control
80-95% effective. In most cases condoms are effective in preventing pregnancy and diseases. Any condom website should have the information.
With proper knowledge and application and use at every act of intercourse users of male condoms experience a 2% per-year pregnancy rate.
If you use the condom properly the chances of getting pregnant are very slim. There is no contraceptive that can guarantee 100% eeffectiveness though.
Higher than they would be if you were to abstain...lower than they would be if you used nothing at all!





Add spermicidal foam for increased effectiveness.
Condoms are about 98% effective from getting you pregnant ..so you have about a 2% chance of getting pregnant if you decide to use them with no other form of birth control....be safe!
you have a 10-18% chance of getting pregnant with a condom
check on websites but im sure the chances are slim unless you dont know how to use one properly been having sex for 2years only using condoms haven't seen a baby yet!
Well to be honest its very slim....but there is a chance..you should use both...but it is very unlikely to become pregnant from using only a condom.
I believe on the package it says condoms are 99.99% effective
Look on the back of the box. I got pregnant while on birth control and with a condom (that ended up having a hole in it!)
the condom can get a hole in it and you can get pregnant...
I don't know I'm hoping the chances are slim bc I just got off my birth control and I'm only using condoms now.
i would very slim to none if used properly and the condom has no punctures and doesn't pop on you
They are 97% effective. I leaned this while watching an episode of friends.
my 16 year old son says it's 100% if you start with one on but 99.9% otherwise... I WANT TO SAY HE'S WRONG THOUGH because it CAN BREAK!
99%
I got pregnant while using a condom.


I wasnt on birth control either.





My advice,


dont use trojan.


:D
condoms are around 80% effective
2/11
grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment