Friday, August 6, 2010

My rent is going up 650 i cant afford it is this legal help no rent control where i live fixed income ssi?

new owners im handicapped and need help with options any one have any ansews?My rent is going up 650 i cant afford it is this legal help no rent control where i live fixed income ssi?
I would call your local district attorneys office.My rent is going up 650 i cant afford it is this legal help no rent control where i live fixed income ssi?
I'm a single parent and I'm living on a fixed income. I live in the south and we were devastated by a hurricane a couple of years ago. Because of the lack of housing, realtors, landlords, and home owners jutified their raising of rent and property value. I cannot afford to a buy a house now. My rent went up and I just had to find another place to live. I barely get by, yet I make too much money to get government assistance. There's nothing I can do. It sucks. All I can hope for is that housing costs will go down eventually and that no more hurricanes hit. Which will never happen. A second income would be nice, but I won't work a second job. I enjoy what little time I have with my child. All of the politicians say it's good for the economy.
technically, it is legal for the landlord to raise rent at their discretion, unless otherwise stated in the lease agreement...sorry.
Call the DA's office. I believe most states have laws stating that rent can be raised but only by a small percentage. If they are exceeding what is allowed by law then there may be something that you can do.
it's perfectly legal. I'd say find a new place to call home.
i think is very legal what they are doing unless stated in your lease .but have you tried to find somewhere that is low income where they go by your income determine


your rent ?
They can only legally increase the rent at the end of the current lease term, not in the middle of it. And unless they receive government subsidies, there is no requirement or law preventing them to do so once that lease does expire. This is the nature of our free enterprise system... if the market allows him to raise his rates and still have a market for it at that price, it's acceptable. Sorry I could not give you better news!
Very legal..... welcome to the start of the next depression..... we are 18 months away... good luck....
Try moving into subsidized housing. good Luck to you.
The new owner can't change your rent amount unless you are month to month or your lease is up for renewal. If you are saying the increase is $650 more per month you may be able to get them for ';creative eviction';. I'll grab a link to an advocate site.
I am not an owner but, it is legal only once a year. If you are not on any special housing than it does not matter if your handicapped. If your in the bay area California I have affordable housing number you can call (510) 649-8500. If it makes you feel any better i wish i paid 650 a month, my rent is higher than yours.
  • makeup look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment