Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I keep my underaged kids from creating an account in the guest users space which I hav no control over?

they have created accounts in this space and my parental controls have no control over their accounts. Whats the use of parental controls if they can create an account in the uncontrolled guest space?How do I keep my underaged kids from creating an account in the guest users space which I hav no control over?
I agree with the first answer. If you have a windows operating system you can set up your computer so the kids can't log on without a password. You enter the password without them seeing. Then they can only get on to the computer when you are there.


Also change the password every month or so so they can't figure it out. Also if you have Norton virus protection you can block web sites you choose. Also put a password on that so they can't change the settings or delete the page so they can get access.How do I keep my underaged kids from creating an account in the guest users space which I hav no control over?
Dragon is right. No computer unless you are there to monitor usage. Discipline them if they do. Simple.
It's easy..use your own form of parental control and dont let them on the computer unless you can monitor what they are doing.
Delete the guest user account.
keep in mind, that unless your job entails you to be on top of security issues, your children have far more time to do ends around you, and it sounds like they have the technical expertise as well.





I'd consider some more old fashioned security, like a computer armoir with a lock and key.
put a password block on the computer.
create a profile in windows so they can not go online without your password. then you will have more control. i have had that problem in the past i also use cyber nanny to prevent all adult sites. my son learned a way to record my passwords so i have to use a wireless router and change the WEP password daily so he can't log on when i am not home.

No comments:

Post a Comment