Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I know when to start taking birth control pills if I have no periods?

I haven't had a period for about a year and a half now, partially because I was training so hard for a marathon and partially because right after that, I went to rural India and lost a lot of weight. I'm still working on gaining it back as I just came back to the US a little while ago, but I'm supposed to start taking birth control. I have no idea what my period schedule is because I haven't had it in so long. When am I supposed to take the first pill, or does it even matter? The directions say during the week following my period :-/How do I know when to start taking birth control pills if I have no periods?
You should probably wait until you get your period again. I had a friend who was training for a marathon and she lost her period. This isn't healthy. It means you're not getting enough nutricion for the amount of exercise that you're doing. You may not specifically need to gain weight (although it's probably going to happen anyway to get your body healthy), but it sounds like you definitely need to improve your eating habits. You may also want to go see your doctor, as you might have other blood issues too, like anemia. During your doctor visit, ask whether it would be a good idea to take the pill.How do I know when to start taking birth control pills if I have no periods?
Most pills say to start on a Sunday. Start it then.





After you're on the pill for a month or two, your periods should come back.
Your gynocologist can give you a medication, i can't remember the name of it sorry it started with a ';c'; that can make your period start if you don't have them on your own
Wow, you're lucky. I wanna start training for a marathon just to loose it. I say, try not to get it back. Just don't take birth control cause if you don't have it, there's no why you can get pregnant anyway. What's it like in rural India?

No comments:

Post a Comment